Beeswax requires that all ads served through our system meet quality standards that safeguard the user experience and meet the requirements of our inventory partners. These standards are subject to change.
Ads may not contain the following ad content or behave in the following ways:
- Illegal Activity: facilitate or promote illegal activity, or contain content that is illegal
- Malware: distribute adware, spyware, malware or viruses
- Downloads: cause software to download to the user's device on impression, click, or interaction
- Deceptive, offensive or inappropriate content: contain content that is deceptive, misleading, defamatory, obscene, distasteful, racially or ethnically offensive, harassing, or that is discriminatory based upon race, gender, color, creed, age, sexual orientation, or disability
- Adult oriented: contain sexually suggestive, explicit, or pornographic content
- Intellectual property and copyrighted content: infringe upon or violate any right of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property, copyrighted content, privacy, or publicity rights
- Illegal or prohibited products: market or promote gambling, guns, alcohol, or tobacco products
- Additional windows: spawn additional windows or messages beyond the original Ad or auto-forward users’ browsers, resemble system dialogue boxes or error messages
- Creative Declarations: All creatives must have attributes accurately declared. Including but not limited to advertiser domain, auto-play video, click-to-play video, expandable, secure and any other attributes that may be added from time-to-time.
- Ad Errors: every auction you win on the platform you must deliver a creative that registers an impression. Any creatives that error out or for any reason or do not deliver are in violation. In particular, the use of VPAID or VAST tags that result in VPAID errors are not allowed.
Landing Pages must also comply with quality standards, including:
- General: Landing pages may not contain any of the prohibits content or behaviors outlined above
- Offers: The offers or products advertised in the creative should match those available on the landing page
- Forceful redirect: Landing pages should not forcefully redirect the user to other pages or content
In some cases advertisers may buy ad impressions and use an ad tag to resell those impressions. When reselling ad inventory, Beeswax will prohibit tags which result in the following behaviors:
- Falsify source: intentionally obscure or falsify the source of the inventory or artificially inflate the volume of such inventory in any way
- Fraudulent display: intentionally display the ads in a non-visible portion of the page, or insert the ad into a non-visible IFrame
- Ad stuffing: use a single ad impression to display multiple ad slots
- Non-Delivery: Any ad that does not deliver a creative and register an impression 100% of the time whether for technical reasons or because the purchased impression was unfilled
Political Advertising Policy - United States
Beeswax permits political advertising (ad relating to elections, ballot initiatives, political candidates and ads intended to raise awareness on certain political or social issues) in the United States. Political advertising must comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation all federal election laws, US FEC regulations, and (where applicable) state or local laws and regulations, including obligations with respect to ensuring required disclosures regarding the source of the political advertising and maintaining certain archives and providing reporting. All such compliance is the sole responsibility of the advertiser.
Without Beeswax’s prior consent, Beeswax prohibits political advertising for candidate for state or local elections and/or ballot measures in the following states: CA, WA, MD, NY, NV, NJ and VA and political advertising for federal candidate and/or ballot measures in WA.
Beeswax prohibits any political advertising in the United States if the advertiser is not located in the United States.
All political advertising must contain a clear and conspicuous “Paid for by” disclosure identifying who paid for the communication, whether it was authorized by a candidate or organization, and any additional information required by local regulations. Unauthorized candidate or third-party ads must also include contact information for the sponsoring organization within the ad or landing page content.
All political advertising must be categorized as “Politics”, “Political (Elections)”, or such other Political Category designated within the Beeswax platform. Ads categorized this way automatically display the DAA Political Ad icon where technically possible, will result in collection of data for compliance with the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Political Advertising and clicking the icon will show the supplied information to the user seeing the ad.
Advertisers must provide the following information when uploading a “Political (Elections)” ad:
- Name of the Political Advertiser
- Political Advertiser Contact Info: A telephone number, physical address, Web address, or alternative and reliable contact information for the Political Advertiser
- Name of the Political Advertiser’s chief executive officer, executive committee or board of directors or treasurer
- Other Info: Any other information required by applicable federal or state law to be included in a disclaimer notice for the Political Advertiser, and any other info required under the DAA’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Political Advertising.
Beeswax may update these political advertising guidelines from time to time based on changes in law, compliance requirements, and/or any specific restrictions or obligations imposed by inventory holders.
In cases where Beeswax detects violations to these policies Beeswax shall have the right to immediately stop delivery of the offending ads.